ARTS BY THE BAY GALLERY
307 ST. JOHN STREET
HAVRE DE GRACE, MD 21078
COST-$40.00 PLUS $2.63 EVENTBRITE FEE
Join photographer and digital artist, Tracey Grumbach, for an introduction to Photoshop! Leave this hands-on workshop with an understanding of how to make your photos even more beautiful using the magic of Photoshop. Tracey will use her years of teaching and Photoshop experience to take the mystery out of the this photo editing program.
You will leave with an understanding of and hands-on practice with the following tools and adjustments:
1. Crop Tool- Learn how to use Photoshop's crop tool to crop your photos. Aspect ratio will be discussed as well as the advantages and disadvantages to cropping an image.
2. Exposure Adjustments- Learn to use the Levels and Curves Adjustments in Photoshop to create better exposure in your photos.
3. Color Management- Learn how to use the Hue/Saturation and Color Balance Adjustments to give your photos better overall color.
4. Black and White Adjustment- Learn how to use this tool to change your color photographs into unforgettable black and white photos.
5. Saving Your Photos- Learn how to best use the Save As command to keep a permanent record of the changes to your photos. File management will be discussed as well as what all the different image formats (.jpg, .png, .tif, .psd) mean.
Requirements: Students must bring their own laptop with Photoshop installed! Computers WILL NOT BE PROVIDED! Instructor will be teaching using a Mac computer with Photoshop CC installed. Other types of computers and Photoshop software (ie: Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CS6, etc.) is welcome but please understand there may be subtle differences. ***Please have 5 of your own photos on your computer that you'd like to work on!*** Students must be 14 years old or older.
Must have 5 students to run class. Class size limited to 10!